Pages

Friday 13 May 2011

Review of 'Blindsided'

'Blindsided' by Gemma Rice

I’ve just finished reading this book and – wow! I loved it!
This is not your typical love story; Gemma Rice takes hold of your emotions and yanks you in from the opening chapter, right down to the very last word. I was instantly hooked into the complicated world of Leanne and Andre.
Rice covers issues that some authors shy away from and she deals with them beautifully, and eloquently. I could literally feel the emotion pouring out of the pages. It’s raw. Parts of this story are shocking, but at the same time so very compelling.
I don’t want to put spoilers here so I’ll just say that at times I found myself banging my hand against my head in frustration at Leanne’s reactions, but Rice quickly follows up to give such insight into Leanne thoughts, motives and reasoning that my initial frustration quickly dissipated and I actually found myself empathising with her - that shows just how cleverly this book has been written.
It was fast paced and I couldn’t read quickly enough to find out what was going to happen next, yet I really didn’t want it to end!
This is a must read.

Blindsided is available to buy on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Blindsided-ebook/dp/B004Z2JPG4/ref=sr_1_cc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305320343&sr=1-1-catcorr

No comments:

Post a Comment