Pages

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Had A Bad Day...

I woke up this morning, to discover that our bank account has been defrauded.  They got our details via an online purchase.  The dangers of shopping online!  It did happen to me once before about four years ago but that was my credit card.  This money was actually taken from my bank account, which contains our money that pays the bills, buys the food, etc. 
It makes me very angry, and also worries the heck out of me that these people could just dip their hand into my account and help themselves to our hard earned cash.
Fortunately for us the stolen money was covered by insurance and will be refunded back.  But that’s not the point.  Theft is theft.
All I can say is please be careful about who you buy from online, and ALWAYS pay using Visa/Mastercard/AMEX, so you’re covered in case of theft. 
Here’s hoping for a better day tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that, love. :( I had a bad day myself on Wednesday (blogging about it helped) but it wasn't on the scale that yours was. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cyndi. Holiday definitely sorted me out. Hope you’re well :)

    ReplyDelete