Pages

Friday 5 October 2012

Times are a-changin'....


Things have been a little crazy for me since The Mighty Storm came out, in the best possible way of course! And I’ve been pulling myself in quite a few different directions, which has become exhausting to say the least! My original plan before TMS came out was to write and release Blood Lies, the third book in the Alexandra Jones series, then I would write and release the sequel to TMS. Things haven’t exactly gone to plan, I won’t bore you with the details, but suffice to say TMS has been consuming all of my time, in more ways than one, so I’ve found myself at a bit of a crossroads with what to do. I’ve also been listening to what you guys want … and after much deliberation I made a decision on what to do....
 
I’m switching release dates.
 
I’m moving Blood Lies to be released next year and bringing TMS2 forward for release in December, I’m giving a tentative release date of 21st December 2012!

I know this will be a disappointment for fans of the AJ series, all I can say is I want to give my all to Alex and Nathan, and with the way things stand at the moment Tru and Jake are literally consuming all of my time. The last thing I want to do is put out a second rate book just to make a promised date – I couldn’t do that to them, or you guys.

For TMS fans I know this will be happy news for you all that the release date has been significantly brought forward!

I love all my characters and want to write them the best I can, and I know with absolute certainty this is the right order to do the releases.

Thank you all so much for your support it in the months past and on-going, it means the absolute world to me … I  you all to the moon and back!

Sam
x
 
 

23 comments:

  1. Love, love, love you Sam...So exited, thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg my little sweet potato !! U know how to get a girl excited !!!! I will clear my schedule ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so feaking exciting. I can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic! I have marked that date on my calendar :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know best my dear - and you are right, you don't want to put out a half-assed book just to make a deadline... we are under enough deadlines in this life. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo happy!!! Love Jake and Tru!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I'm so excited!! Thank you so much!! This book by far is my favorite and I already read it 3 times.. I can't get enough of Jake and Tru!! Love that she has some Latino in her... makes me relate to her even more!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This news just made this an awesome Friday for me!!!! I need more Jake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! Jumping up & down while clapping hands & screaming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super, super, like SUPER HAPPY! doing my happy dance now and raising my fist in the air! HELL YES!!!!!
    (and a Big Thank you!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh this has made me so happy..not as happy as if the release date said 6th of october but i'll take what i can :P..im just re-reading tms now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks goodness for that! Have just finished TMS, started to read the first chapter (?) from Jakes point of view and then NOTHING...... Does this mean that part 2 is Jakes story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Book 2 is a continuation of the story from Tru's POV, but there will be some Jake in there for sure! I have no current plans to write TMS from Jake's POV, but maybe in the future who knows ;) x

      Delete
  13. Yes, I'm doing a happy dance!!! Then I'm putting the date in my calendar to remind me in December! Thanks, Samantha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love you1 you just made my night at work alittle bit better! I think I just did the happy dance:-) I love when authors feel the readers pain of anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another happy dancer! Love it! And I always make sure to listen to guys :) x

      Delete
  15. If I had read this announcement a week ago, I would have been heartbroken. But I just finished TMS. And wow Samantha... you know how to create some intoxicating and infuriating relationships! It was addictive in both the tragic and beautiful sense. Tru was such a hypocrite and Jake was an alpha mess. But I couldn't get enough. I'm a glutten for punishment I guess ;) Looking forward to TMS2. So the sequel will still be about Tru and Jake? Thought maybe the series would jump to a different band member.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm real happy you enjoyed it Beth! I try to keep my characters to as real life as possible; people aren't perfect, so it makes sense to me my characters shouldn’t be either! Yes, the sequel will be a continuation of Tru and Jake's story :) x

      Delete
  16. Than You Sam. I am so stoked that TMS2 will be out soon. I am so into Jake and Tru that it is killing me. I just finished reading it for the second time and want to read it again. I am also going to pick it up in paperback form as well as having it as an e-book. It is an amazing book. Thank You for bringing Jake and Tru to life.

    ReplyDelete